Lemon pie is definitely my favorite desert (with banofee of course) because it remains me when my grandma cooked it to me when I was a child. I put you a picture of the delicious lemon pie at Perlette, one of the best tea room in the center of Toulouse.
One day i really wanted lemon pie when I wasn’t in Toulouse so far from my favorites tea rooms. And it’s really difficult to find goods one, hard to find the right balance between acidity and sugar. So, I’ve been thinking, « if I tried? »
So I found a recipe in my recipe books, and honestly for my first time, I was proud of me. It was not really nice to see but so nice in mouth ! The most difficult is to succeed to do a pretty meringue.
So let’s start cooking ! 🍪
List of ingredients for a lemon pie
- a sugar crust pastry (or if you have the courage, you can do it by yourself ! It will be better)
- 4 lemons 🍋
- 150 g of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of Maïzena
- 2 egg white
- 100 g of icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
Recipe of lemon pie
- Preheat oven to 180 °.
- Separate the egg whites and the egg yolks.
- Wash lemons and grate 2 of them to have the zest.
- In a pan, put the zest with the lemons juice, sugar and Maïzena.
- Warm at low heat started.
- Beat eggs in another recipient.
- Incorporate the mixture zest/ lemon juice/ sugar/ Maïzena with eggs.
- Warm over high never stop beating until the mixture thickens.
- Put on the sugar crust pastry and let cool.
- Take up whites in snow with a little of salt.
- Add icing sugar and baking powder.
- Put on lemon cream.
- Put in the oven during approximately 10 minutes to 120/150°.
Now invite your friends to taste your lemon pie with a cup of tea.
I invite you to read Operalfood blog if you want other desert recipes. 😉